This is an exciting opportunity for a Computer Science, IT (or similar) graduate to join the design team as a Graduate Java/Android Apps Developer – either as a first job or with a few years’ experience.
The ideal candidate will be a competent JAVA and Eclipse/Android SDK software developer who can analyse customer requirements and produce well-structured and tested code suitable for deployment on various Android and Linux server system.
Experience of contributing to the open source community is desirable along with experience of developing software .net software for PCs such as VB or C#.
· JAVA design, coding and maintenance of a new building management solution within Android SDK and Linux platforms.
· Maintain software for current products, bug fixing and adding new features
· Co-Development of mongoDB database solutions to store data from a variety of sensors, lighting and energy monitoring systems.
· To work with other team members to develop specifications of new or replacement products Provide technical support to the sales team and liaise with suppliers/customers.
· Testing, benchmarking and validating software
· Developing lighting/sensor protocol interfaces using Java
· Applicants will ideally have attained a good degree in Computer Science, IT or Computer Security disciplines and will have experience of system level design for a variety of OS platforms including Android and Linux as a minimum.
Experience of developing software for Android mobile devices using Android SDK, Eclipse and Android Studio along with good unit testing experience.
· Java Maven, Gradle and Spring
· Need to be familiar with Ethernet based protocols and common methods of secure communications such as public/private key encryption such as SSH.
· Experience of developing software in a team environment with good knowledge of software version control systems such as GIT and Bit-bucket.
· Solid database integration with APPs and web portals such as MySQL or mongoDB
· Knowledge of frameworks such as struts, hibernate, spring, JUnit, Jface
· An understanding of Linux operating servers
· Lateral thinking and problem solving skills
· Valid driving license and own transport
· Capable of clear and accurate communication, both verbal and written.
Candidate should be self-motivated, with the ability to explain ideas, concepts and technical information to other team members.
To apply for this exciting position, please send your CV and cover letter quoting JL/IST/Mar18 no later than 18th March, 2018. Please note that if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
All enquiries are to be directed to the University via email@example.com, please do not contact the company.